Confined spaces AgSkills
Credit Card - online / phone / post / fax
Cheque or Money order - post / fax
This book is a tool to help identify and manage confined spaces on farms. Too many farmers, their family members and employees have lost their lives because they did not understand the hazards of a confined space and did not take the necessary control measures. This book shows the basic skills and practices for working safely in confined spaces on the farm, such as hoppers, grain silos, integrated feed systems, vats, tanks and pits.
Table of contents:
- What is a confined space?
- Confined spaces on farms
- Health and safety rules
- Creating a confined space management program
- Identifying hazards
- Conduct confined space risk assessment
- Atmospheric testing and monitoring
- Confined space entry permit
- Signs and barricades
- Making the atmosphere safe
- Fire control
- Respiratory protective equipment
- Standby person
- Rescue equipment
- The confined space entry
- Keeping records
Published in 2016 Confined spaces is part of the AgSkills series. It contains 78 full-colour A4 pages.
Published by the Tocal College
Price includes GST