Poultry AgGuide - Getting started in free range poultry
Credit Card - online / phone / post / fax
Cheque or Money order - post / fax
This book includes both meat and egg production, breeds, rearing, health, housing and nutrition. Extensive section of case studies.
176 full colour A4 pages.
Table of contents
- The market for free range production
- Pitfalls for new entrants
- An introduction to production systems and standards for free range eggs
- An introduction to production systems and standards for meat birds
- Choosing a breed
- Sourcing stock
- Managing the flock
- Feeding and nutrition
- Housing for free range poultry
- Protecting the flock from predators
- Pastures for poultry
- Free range health management
- Biosecurity for free range production
- Regulations: state and local government
- A business plan for free range poultry
- EggInvest: an aid to planning and budgeting
- An example of free range standards - eggs
- Free range eggs. Standards Compared.
- Chicken suppliers
Also includes nine case studies including both egg and meat bird enterprises.
Published by the Tocal College
Price includes GST