Poultry Agskills provides a basic guide to some of the skills and practices of poultry production. The book contains step-by-step instructions, diagrams, and full-colour pictures.
Some of the skills included are: breed, rear or buy poultry, provide housing, collect and handle eggs, feed poultry and maintain poultry health.
Table of contents
- Animal welfare
- General safety precautions
- Choose poultry
- Choose a breed
- Breed chickens using a hen
- Mechanically incubate chickens
- Buy and rear chickens
- Identify stock
- Purchase point of lay pullets
- Provide housing
- Manage broody hens
- Collect and handle eggs
- Feed poultry
- Maintain poultry health
- Prevent and treat external parasites
- Prevent and treat internal parasites and diseases
- Prevent the spread of disease
- Catch, check and dispose of spent birds
- Glossary of terms
- References and industry contacts
- What is a safe work method statement?
- Check your skills
Published in 2008, Poultry Agskills is 76 A4 colour pages.
Published by the Tocal College
Price includes GST
As this product is unavailable for order, you may wish to enquire with the Tocal College.