The Sheep Business - Production and Marketing for Australian Merino Wool
A new, comprehensive guide to Australian wool growing. This book covers choice of wool -growing enterprises, identifying, customer needs, assessing profitability, establishing breeding objectives, selection and culling, joining management, nutrition, pastures and grazing management, flock health, preparation and sale of the wool clip.
Table of Contents:
- The Australian wool industry
- Enterprise choice
- Who are your customers?
- Can Merino wool be profitable?
- Establish your breeding objective
- Choosing a ram source
- Selection and culling
- Ram and ewe management
- Joining management
- Nutrition requirements and digestion
- Wool production from pasture
- Grazing management
- Flock health
- Preparing and selling your wool clip
- How much is your wool worth?
- Gross margin templates
- Glossary of wool processing terms
- Cost of production template
- Individual animal management
- Liveweight and body condition assessment
- Pasture assessment
- Fodder budgeting calculation template
- Predicted daily intake of pasture by ewes
- Some sheep diseases and their prevention
- Merino wool clip worksheet
- Shearing data and clip analysis templates.
Published in 2005, The Sheep Business is 136 A4 pages.
Published by the Tocal College